Scrypto DEX Challenge is Live | The Radix Blog | Radix DLT
February 18, 2022
Scrypto, the smart contract language of Radix, was released in “early access” form two months ago and the feedback we have received from the community has convinced us that Scrypto’s asset-oriented programming style is the game changer for decentralized applications that we believed it would be. We often hear how easy it is to get started and to build things that would be considered complex or risky on other platforms like Ethereum.
To encourage developers to get started in Scrypto, and to let community members show off their skills, today we are launching a Scrypto competition — with prizes!
Starting today, you will have four weeks to create a blueprint package for an exchange dApp in Scrypto. You could build your own version of Uniswap, an order book exchange, or even a peer-to-peer trading platform like AirSwap. You can build anything, as long as it is related to allowing exchange between different assets.
Obviously front-end UI development is not yet practical using the Alexandria simulator, so this will be purely a competition of blueprints, tested and demonstrated through transaction manifests (one of the big new Scrypto v0.3 features!)
In this competition, everyone will walk away with something for participating. Everyone who submits an entry to the challenge will be put on a list to receive a special NFT after Babylon’s release proving that you were one of the first Scrypto developers. Maybe you can even use that NFT to show your future DLT employer how early you were in the Radix ecosystem.
The top three entries will receive special XRD token prizes. We are offering $1000 in XRD for the best example, $600 in XRD to the second and $400 in XRD to the third, along with NFT medals (again to be provided after Babylon’s release).
How we will judge the examples
After the close of the submission deadline, the Scrypto team will take some time to judge the examples and decide on the winners. We will base our decision on a combination of:
- Quality and asset-orientedness of your code. Refer to our design patterns page.
- Breadth of functionality
- Creativity of the concept
- Quality of the documentation and comments in the code for others who wish to use the blueprint
- Usage of the transaction manifest to show composability and allow easier testing
How to participate
Here are the steps to register and submit your entry:
- Register for the Developer Program with your GitHub account
- Install the Scrypto toolchain
- Fork this repository
- Clone the forked repository on your local environment
- Start a new scrypto project with `scrypto new-package`
- Before the deadline on March 18, commit and push your project folder and create a pull request here
Looking for inspiration? You might consider these resources to get a grasp on some existing applications related to exchanges.
Details of the challenge
- To enter, you must be a registered member of the Radix Developer Program.
- Your entry must be built with Scrypto v0.3.
- You can submit multiple examples.
- The competition starts on 18th February 2022 12:00 UTC. All entries must be submitted no later than 18th March 12:00 UTC. The winners will be announced by the 24th of March.
- $2000 value of XRD will be shared between 3 winners. 1st gets $1000 XRD. 2nd $600 XRD and the 3rd $400 XRD. The value of XRD will be based on the spot price when we send the tokens.
- Decisions on the winners are at the sole discretion of the RDX Works team and the decisions are final.
- We will keep track of the NFTs and their owners internally until after Babylon release when they will be minted and sent to Radix addresses provided by each participant.
- All entries are subject to the Radix competition terms and conditions that can be read here. Winners will be required to disclose their name, DOB, and country of residence to receive any XRD prizes.
Originally published at https://www.radixdlt.com.